Welcome to Life, Family, and Religion

Thanks for visiting my blog. I will ponder issues and disscuss events related to living life as a Christian with a family. This is a broad topic, of course, so just about anything is fair game. Check back or suggest topics for discussion.

Thursday, December 31, 2009

Bacon Dipped in Butter

WOW! Who would have thought of the combination.

So I took my wife to Red Lobster last night for her birthday and I had some Bacon Wrapped Peach BBQ Sea Scallops (hard to get more adjectives than that) with some lobster tail. Some of the bacon became detached from a scallop and was submerged in the melted butter. Since I was raised that we don't waste food (people are starving in some places don't you know) and since my daughter would have a fit if I wasted bacon (her most favorite food, apart from honey) and since, well, its bacon...I decided to eat it, all drenched in melted butter.

Oh the bliss. Talk about the fat of the land. Since then I have contemplated the possibilities. I saw bacon flavored chocolate the other day (I have to go back and get that one) and I have used the garlic butter sauce from Papa John's for years on Pizza that contained among other things bacon. But how could we pair bacon and butter in the absence of scallops and still remain off the government food terrorist watch list?

I invite your suggestions. I can't help but think back to the old Monty Python skit "rat" or "spam."

I'll have an order of bacon, bacon, bacon, bacon, bacon, bacon, bacon, butter, and bacon. And I'd like a little extra bacon to go with that.

Happy new year!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment